Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ooops!

I woke up at my usual time this morning and then laid back down listening to the radio. I fell asleep to the sound of my local state representative talking about road condiitons in my county. Why would that put me to sleep? I woke up again at 6:30 and jumped in the shower, threw on some clothes, brushed my teeth and headed out the door to hit the farmer's market.

Not an official farmer's market, a lovely truck market set up around the county courthouse. I could hardly wait. I wanted some Menonite jellies and jams, fresh corn, and a watermelon. And a handful of fresh tomatoes. And what did I find? Road blocks! Portable toilets! No farmers!

If only I had checked the local paper yesterday (no Saturday edition), I would have realized that today is the big Bicentennial clebration of our small city. It's an all day affair. And, while I really wanted tomatoes and watermelon and fresh corn, I can forgive the city THIS ONE TIME!!!!

courthouse

Happy Birthday Columbia! You can check out the festivities here.

No comments: