Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Momentary Rant

A few years ago I went for a regular visit to my doctor of ten or more years. The nurse looked up and said "How long have you had that heart murmur?" to which I responded, "What heart murmur?".

The nurse fairly sprinted out of the room and my doctor came in a moment later, breathless. She sauntered over, put the stethoscope to my chest and asked "How long have you had that heart murmur?"

"You've been my doctor for more than ten years, you tell me!"

She sat down and started flipping through my chart and then started nodding. "Oh! I see that you are over forty. This is fairly common in women over forty."

Now, on to more recent matters, it has been determined that I have a "frozen shoulder", something that I had only heard of one time. Both the doctor and the internet said the same thing...IT'S FAIRLY COMMON IN WOMEN OVER 40.

So, if you are younger than forty, be advised. No one told me of the dangers of "over 40" and I wanted to make you aware. If you are over 40 out there in cyberspace and know of more things "common in women over 40", please let me know.

Is OVER 40 the new excuse for all physical and mental problems?

We will now resume our regular programming.

2 comments:

Prudy said...

This aging business is no fun! Your blog, however, is tons of fun. Love the egg salad, tomato sadness, and the picture of that super star cat!

Anonymous said...

Is OVER 40 the new excuse for all physical and mental problems?

I can't remember. That too is fairly common in women over 40. ;^) Sorry to hear of your frozen shoulder - I know that can be not fun. BTW, I think pithy insights are also common in women over 40. And you've got that too.