Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Crunchy, Crispy Pickles!

I bet you're tired of the pickles by now, huh? Well I'm not.

We had book group last night at Ls house and discussed the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy (which I felt was overwhelmingly depressing)and had a lovely meal of pepperoni chicken and a salad. And chocolate fondue for dessert. Let me just say that everything was really good, but pineapple and strawberries dipped in chocolate were divine.

But I didn't get home until about 11:30. I couldn't sleep. I tried, but I couldn't. So I read a while and played a game before finally going to sleep around one. Luckily I had thought ahead and prepared my lunch for today before I left to go to Ls house.

I was so exhausted that I came home this afternoon and took a two hour nap. Now, what to do for dinner. Here is where the pickles come in. I'm making egg salad. I love egg salad. I am not a fan of eggs in general and whole boiled eggs at all (or even sliced boiled eggs) but mince it up and throw in some mustard, mayo, and pickles and I'm in heaven. I don't even need to make a sandwich.

The way to boil perfect eggs? Bring them to a boil, then cover and turn off the eat. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.

Photobucket

I follow the Alton Brown theory that no tool should serve a single purpose. Ergo, I use my potato masher to make egg salad.

Photobucket

Add some mayo, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and diced pickle (guess what kind?) And you have a great summer meal...

Photobucket

Egg salad on whole wheat with cantaloupe and pickle spears.

No comments: