Thursday, June 26, 2008

Late Night...For A Week Night

So, why am I still awake, knowing that the local oldies station will startle me from my slumber at 5 a.m. tomorrow? I'm baking cupcakes. Carrot Cake Cupcakes. It's an Ina Garten recipe.

You see, tomorrow is a co-worker's birthday and I was talked into making her favorite dessert...carrot cake. Or, in this case, cupcakes.

I believe that I have expressed the fact that I am not a baker. I can do cookies and bars and such, but cakes fail me. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the cupcakes. Also, I'm pretty tired and can only hope for the best when it comes to reading the recipe. The batter tasted okay.

Only another 20 minutes or so before I can take them from the oven to cool and head to bed. I'll frost them in the morning.

So how, you may ask, have I wasted my evening until now? Let's see. I worked until seven. I stopped by the supermarket on my way home to buy carrots and raisins. I ate a sandwich. I cleaned up the kitchen. I grated carrots. I made the batter. I cleaned the kitchen. I swept and mopped.

Did I mention that I was tired?

I'll try to remember to take pictures of the cupcakes in the morning and post them later.

No comments: