Thursday, May 15, 2008

Left-overs

I've been eating all week on the left-overs from Monday night. The chicken is now gone. The salad will be tonight. I took the dessert to work...gone.

Unfortunately, the air conditioning is out at our office. You would think that rainy days in which the temperature outside never climbs above 70 would not be so bad. This is not the case. It is currently 82 degrees in here with fans blowing and lights off. Combine the heat with my lovely lefft-over lunch (I'm a sucker for alliteration), and noon feels like naptime.

One of my co-workers received a cookbook for Mother's Day compiled of recipes presented by 5 year olds talking about how mom makes dinner.

Here are some of my favorites:

Macaroni & Cheese by Ashley

Mom gets out a big pot and puts the macaroni in it. Then she puts in a whole pack of cheese and cooks it on the stove on the medium side of heat. Mom puts in 1 cup of milk and 1 scoop of butter and tirs it all up. Then I get to eat it all!!!!!

Lasagna by Breanna

Mom cooks the noodels in a pot of boiling water on the stove for about 7 minutes. Then she puts the meat on the stove in a pot and stirs to cook. Mom takes a big pan and puts the noodles and then the meat and lots of cheese on top. She cooks it in the over for about 6 hours on probably 7 degrees. Then we can eat it. My brother and me like the meat the best!

Hominy and Brown Beans by Brooke

Mom buys the cans at the grocery store and she keeps them in the refrigerator. When we are ready to eat them Mom opens the cans with the can opener and purs them in a bowl. She covers the bowl with a paper towel and puts in the microwave. Mom lets them cook about 13 minutes and then I get to eat th em with some chicken. (Now doesn't that sound tasty?)
More to come....

No comments: