Thursday, May 22, 2008

American Idol

Well, by now the planet knows that David Cook is the new American Idol and I am quite happy for him. I've loved him from the beginning.

I was not particularly excited about last night's finale, so I had it on in the other room while I was on the computer. But I caught Donna Summer singing with the girls and I have to say that Donna looks and sounds amazing. Then there was filler. And more filler. And more filler.

And then I heard the boys introduced, out to sing as a group, and they started with Summer of 69. I screamed and ran into the other room just in time to catch Brian Adams. I was bouncing up and down in my chair and squealing like a 10 year old at a Jonas Brothers concert. I tried to call my friends V and R because I knew that they could share my squeeee, but neither was home.

Back to the show, filler, product placement, filler. And then David Cook sang with ZZ Topp. A friend said that while she was cleaning the kitchen her kids were in the other room watching AI. One came in and said it was boring because a bunch of old guys with long bears were singing about a guy with nice clothes. You have to be of an age to really appreciate the laziest men in R&R. How can they move so little and produce so much sound?

But the true highlight of the evening was the clip of Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey Jr auditioning for Gladys Knight. If you missed it, or just want to see it again...enjoy.


No comments: