Monday, May 5, 2008

Dancing With The Stars

I am ashamed to say that I am a fan. Not enough to know about the dancers or the stars. Not enough to fully know the names of people who don't interest me. At best, I know them by first names. At worst, I assign monikers. Down to the last five...I'm okay.

Tomorrow night the judges will present their ten favorite performances. Hmmm. I don't remember ten. From past seasons I know that John O'Hurley is charming, that Kenny Mane is one of the funniest people on television, that Marie Osmond fainted, and that I would kill to have Lisa Rinna's body.

But one dance lingers. Not some soft, sweet, ethereal performance. The raunchy, rowdy free-style performed by Drew and Cheryl to the Big and Rich tune, Save the Horse, Ride the Cowboy. Seriously...it rocked!

So, whatever the judges select, I know my number one.

On a more serious note, I seem to have mangled my glasses and they set at a crazy angle on my face. I will have to find time to visit the eye doctor and have this corrected. I know it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't bi-focals, but they are. And I have a killer head-ache from trying to focus through the wrong part of the lens.

And finally...I'm getting a head start on memory maintenance with my current caffeine consumption. A study last year found that older women who consumed three cups of coffee a day (or the equivalent in caffeine from other sources) stay sharper and have a lower rate of Alzheimer's diagnosis'. So far today I have had two cups of coffee, a 16 oz Diet Coke, and a half-gallon of tea. Yeah me!

No comments: