Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Traffic

The day before a holiday. Traffic should be light, but it was rather heavy this morning. Lots of out of state plates. My guess is folks headed for the gulf.

I admit that I drive far too fast. But I've been trying to slow down some and save a little gas. And I always slow down in the construction zones. I pass through one construction area each day on my way to and from work. There is one of those signs on the side of the road that flashes your speed as you pass by...I knew that I was going too fast at 70, but then a gold Impala with so many Mardi Gras beads around the rear view mirror it had to limit visibility flew past me at 98 mph. What was the blond bimbo driving this thing thinking?!

Then, in the quieter portion of the trip, past the mall and into a more rural area, I noticed a two toned car in my rear view mirror. The left of the car was lavender, the right was robins egg blue. It was coming on fast. I was in the middle lane, it was in the left so I felt safe, until he seemed to be aiming for me. Twice. Eventually he found whatever it was he was looking for in the floor of the car, managed to get control of the vehicle, and moved on.

I got to work a little grayer today.

BTW--what is the deal with the Mardi Gras beads lately? I see more cars with them draped over the rear view mirror...from three or so to 30 or more. I remember the trend from when I was in my twenties but I hadn't seen them in years. Why the resurrection of such an annoying trend? They make noise and get limit visibility. OMG! I've turned into a grumpy old lady. How long until I start complaining about the youngsters and their music?

No comments: