Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter and Romance Novels

I went to see the latest in the HP series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It was not the best yet. I like all of the movies, but this was my least favorite. And the shortest. It lacked the terror and suspense I felt in the book and in the previous movies.

The theater was full, lots of kids. Lots of teens. Lots and lots of teens. Do teen-aged girls have smaller bladders than they used to? Seems to me that I could go all day without having to go to the bathroom when I was younger (now is quite a different matter) but the girls in this theater were constantly up and down. And they moved as a group. 4 or 5 at a time.

Then this week-end I found myself with nothing in particular to read so I picked up a romance novel a friend had lent me. Let me first state that I have reached the point in my life in which romance novels do not necessarily appeal to me and I will really only read one author, Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I cannot remember the last time I read a series romance. But I picked up a Harlequin Blaze Romance by Julie Kenner and found myself laughing out loud. I will definitely read more by this woman.

I'm off to see the doctor today about the pain in my shoulder. Not looking forward to this.

No comments: