Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Playing with Pork

Kroger had pork tenderloins on sale last week and I picked a package that included two. I froze one and left the other out for cooking. So what to do? I started by seasoning it well with salt, freshly ground pepper, and some fresh rosemary and browning it in olive oil. I added two finely sliced yellow onions and put the pan into a 350 degree oven. After about 30 minutes, I pulled it out of the oven and added dried cherries and balsamic vinegar and tossed it back for another 20 minutes or so. I pulled it out of the oven and allowed the roast to stand.

I created a bed of onions and cherries on the plate and placed the sliced roast on top. Then I drizzled it all with the pan juices. I served it with a green salad and roasted butternut squash. All I can say about it is....yummy!

I would love to post pictures, but discovered that the batteries in my camera were dead as I had everything beautifully set up.

Cherry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

2 lb pork tenderloin
2 medium yellow onions
kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp fresh rosemary
1 c dried cherries
1/4 to 1/3 c balsamic vinegar
1 tbs olive oil

Place oil in dutch oven or oven proof pan at medium high. Season the pork loin with the salt and pepper and pat with rosemary. Place in the pan and brown on all sides. Add onions and place in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes. Remove from oven and add cherries and balsamic. Return to oven for approximately 20 minutes (more if your tenderloin is thick, mine were quite small). Remove from oven and allow to stand before slicing. Serve roast over onions and cherries with pan juices poured over top.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum! sounds delicious!

Suzie said...

Sounds wonderful. Funny coincidence - I made some pork last week and my photos were unuseable too.