Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Operation Baking Gals Now Recruiting

I volunteered this month to host a soldier on Operation Baking Gals and now I'm asking everyone I know (and everyone I don't know) to volunteer. This month I'm hosting "Uncle Willy". Though I've never met him, he sounds like someone I would love to meet and get to know.

Photobucket

Uncle Willy (everyone calls him that) is in the reserves and his unit was called to active duty in April 2008. They are scheduled to be in Iraq until next October 2009.

He is from Pittsburgh, PA. He has two daughters (21 and 14), a son (3), a granddaughter (3), and a grandson (2).

He’s a fun loving guy who rides motorcycles and loves electronic gadgets. He is always willing to help out his friends. He has been known to “work” for chocolate chip cookies!

Please contact me if you are interested in supporting our troops thru Operation Baking Gals and would like to send something to Uncle Willy.

And check the link to Operation Baking Gals on the sidebar to see what other bakers are doing.

1 comment:

PhantomMinuet said...

Hey! I finally found your blog. I want to help with Operation Baking Gals, but I have to evaluate whether I can get done in time.