Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Special Treat

I wasn't invited to the big "New Year's Brunch" given by an acquaintance this year, so I treated myself to a lovely brunch at home. I made a marvelous quiche using left-over ham and havarti with dill that I had with a salad of mixed baby greens, toasted pecans, and orange slices with an orange vinaigrette.

I ate off of one of my lovely Winterberry plates and drank hot tea in a matching cup with saucer while sitting at my table covered with a festive red table cloth.

Ham & Havarti Quiche

4 oz Havarti with Dill
1 c chopped ham
5 eggs beaten
1/2 c sour cream
2 T grated Parmesan
salt and pepper to taste

Place thin slices Havarti in bottom of uncooked pie crust. Spread ham over cheese.
Whisk sour cream into beaten eggs. Add parmesan and salt and pepper. Pour over ham and cheese. Place more slices of cheese on top. Bake @ 350 until center is set...approx 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments: