Saturday, January 5, 2008

Forget Y2K

Y2008 is off to a real suckfest!

We haven't had heat at the office this week. We called facilities, who called Detroit, who called a local service company, who may be able to get to us on Monday. Seems we're having a cold spell and demand is high. (DUH!) So I've layered up for work each day. Finally, someone contacted facilities to complain that we couldn't work in these conditions. We received a space heater. For 32 cubicles. We took it in shifts on Thursday. Yesterday, because it was sunny, was much better.

I'm working today. Alone. I usually like working Saturdays. But today it is cold (cloudy outside). Of course, I have the space heater under my desk.

And to make the day even more fun, we have a server down. So in the last 40 minutes, I've called India and Plano and I have received over 20 calls from desperate people.

I didn't sleep well last night, I was having foot and leg cramps. I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee. Y2008 is not my favorite year so far!

No comments: