Sunday, January 13, 2008

I AM THE QUEEN OF BARGAINS

You may worship me now.

I went shopping this weekend. I bought:

1 pr olive green GV jeans
1 pr tan Lee jeans
1 brown zipper cardigan
1 beige trench coat with a pleated skirt
1 cream long sleeved graphic knit shirt
1 10" tart pan
1 wooden appetizer tray in the shape of a leaf

Grand total..........$49.00

I finished reading The Spellman Files on Friday. I will probably read the sequel.
Then I pulled out a book my BFF Ruth gave me for my birthday (September) and read The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I can't tell you how angry this book made me.

I've got a pot of tomato vegetable soup on the stove. I could hardly wait to use one of my ham bones. I think I'll make a pan of cornbread to go with and I'll have lunch for the rest of the week.

I'm on a huge citrus kick right now. I got some lovely navel oranges for Christmas and just finished them. I bought some tangerines at Kroger on Thursday and I'm almost out. I saw a truck on the side of the road by Walmart selling Indian River oranges....I may have to go get some.

Sunday in New York is on...I love that movie. Rod Taylor and Cliff Robertson are supremely sexy in it.

Oh well...I think I'll go make some iced tea.

No comments: