Sunday, January 20, 2008

Southerners and Cold

Do not go together. We either over-compensate or we freeze. On a 45 degree day, the chances are you'll see someone in a parka, ear muff, and thermal gloves. However, today's high was 23 and I saw people running around without jackets, wearing hoodies, and one guy in shorts.

Me? I was wearing long sleeves, jeans, Uggs, leather gloves, a cashmere full length swing coat, and a cashmere scarf. Boy, did I feel overdressed.

I'm trying a new recipe tonight...Greek Chicken with Rice. It looks amazing and I have all of the ingredients. Its a Pantry Party! This week-end I did five loads of laundry, scrubbed my bathroom to the point that operating rooms would be envious, and am in the process of doing the same in my kitchen. I am, however, motivationally challenged. I made the mistake of picking up the book for our Fantasy group on Friday night, and really want to soak in the tub and finish it.

I gave a friend quite a giggle today when I referred to the Dolly Parton chicken breasts I had set out to thaw.

On another note, I drank so much tea yesterday that I couldn't sleep last night. About 11:30 I took a Benadryl. Of course, it kicked in while I was watching Random Harvest. I missed the middle and caught the beginning and the end.

This afternoon I found a Lifetime movie I like. It is the story of a local woman who turned PI to get the skinny on her cheating husband. The reason I mention it is that I swear I heard Jonell Mosser in the back-ground a couple of times. I love to hear her sing. Smoky, smooth, and amazing. Then I spent an hour on the internet looking for credits. I did find out that Marty Stuart had composed the score for the movie. I loves me some Marty.

I'm off to start dinner. It may be going into the low teens again tonight, but I'll be imagining myself dining on the Mediterranean coast.

No comments: