Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Academy Awards

Wow! Tonight's ceremony was the best in years. I didn't mind the minor awards...you can certainly appreciate achievement in make-up and costume when Daniel Craig is presenting the award. I loved the opening number. I thoroughly enjoyed the big tribute to musicals. I even enjoyed the acceptance speeches.

Loved, loved, LOVED the five presenters. Queen Latifah's soulful singing of "I'll Be Seeing You" to the montage of the recently departed was inspired. I even enjoyed the commercials!

I thought the ladies all looked lovely. The dresses I loved most...Meryl Streep, Marissa Tomei, Amy Adams. The men looked good, too (with a couple of obvious exceptions). What was PSH thinking in that knit cap? Can the men of Hollywood not completely knot a tie? Ah, Mickey!

Anyhoo, I laughed out loud many times and can't remember the last time I had this much fun watching an awards show.

No comments: