Saturday, August 2, 2008

More Saturday Stuff

I forgot to mention that I finally made it to the farmers market this morning. I got heirloom tomatoes and little yellow tomatoes, and peaches, and watermelon, and green tomatoes.

When I got home, I decided to clean out my freezer. I didn't throw anything away, just organized it all so I could see what I had. And I had forgotten the chicken carcasses I had frozen to use to make stock. I tossed them in the soup pot with celery, onions, carrots, a clove of garlic, salt and pepper and covered the whole thing with water. So now the place is filled with the aroma of chicken. And I have room to put it in my freezer!

I feel a southern fried dinner coming on. I've got okra and green tomatoes that I can fry and serve with cornbread and sliced tomatoes. And peaches for dessert. Did you just hear that? It was the sound of my ateries clogging!

1 comment:

Flourchild said...

Aren't Farmers markets the best place to go!

http://homebakedsweetness.blogspot.com/

I heard you have a recipe for P and J bars!! Could you share it!!