Saturday, August 2, 2008

I've Enlisted

Photobucket

I am now a member of Operation Baking G.A.L.S. founded by Susan at Becoming Doughmestic. Bloggers around the country bake for the troops and send off their packages at the same time.

I discovered this in the wee hours this morning and emailed Susan to join. I woke up to her response telling me there was still time to get my package off today if I was interested. I was. So at first I made a batch of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies but decided that summer in Iraq was not the best time for chocolate chips. So I whipped up a batch of my friend Ginny's amazing Ginger Snaps. Once they cooled, I headed off to the post office, making it just in time! Whew!

Here they are, just prior to being packaged.

Photobucket

This was great fun and I would encourage everyone to send a soldier something they made themselves.

No comments: