Friday, April 18, 2008

After I'm Gone

I won't care! Seriously...

I have made it perfectly clear to my friends and family that I want to be cremated when I die. I've studied the subject and feel that burial is a waste of precious resources.

So a few years ago, I received a card on Valentine's Day from my parents that included the papers on two burial plots in my name. Nothin' says love like burial plots.

I explained again (and again, and again) that I do not want to be buried and my mother finally asked what would happen to my ashes. I laughingly told her that I wanted my remains kept in a silver urn on my sister's mantle. It has become a running joke in the family.

Today I got an email from my sister. She has taken out a burial policy on me. I think she took me seriously!

How much more do I have to say to these people to get thru to them that my spirit will be gone and I really don't care what happens to shell that had been my physical form? And why is this such and issue now? Do they know something that I don't?

No comments: