Saturday, March 15, 2008

SATURDAY

It is incredibly dark and dreary and I so wish I could have stayed in bed this morning. Thunder and lightening and heavy rain make me long for a good book and fine coffee. Instead, I'm at work...again...on a Saturday! Don't get me wrong, I volunteered to work the occasional Saturday and really enjoy the extra money involved. But last week's snow and now a monsoon. AND OFFICE COFFEE!

I've been invited to a friend's tonight to play dominoes. I found some very ripe bananas at the Piggly Wiggly yesterday, so I think I'll make a loaf of banana bread to take with me.

Speaking of cooking, I made Chicken Lombardi last night and it was wonderful. Tender chicken breast cutlets pounded paper thin, dredged in seasoned flour and browned in butter, topped with a layer of mushrooms sauteed in butter, a mixture of grated Parmesan, grated mozzarella, and scallions, and a sauce of chicken stock and Marsala. OMG!

Well, the coffee is ready and the workday is about to begin. Why am I hungry?

No comments: