Thursday, March 6, 2008

Project Runway

So. I'm not surprised. Disappointed but not surprised. Christian's designs were over the top. I can't help but giggle about the feathers. The judges were drooling over the dress made of feathers but were repulsed by Chris' use of human hair. Of course, I had birds of all kinds so the feathers were far more disgusting to me. I am not a fan of skinny pants, but I did love his fuller cut slacks.

Jillian's collection was lovely and feminine. Her knitwear was amazing. It all looked wearable. Granted, I was not thrilled with some of the cut-outs, but no one does a jacket or ruffled sweater like Jillian. I hated the gold dress as much as I hated it in it's earlier incarnation at the museum challenge. Loved the black evening pantssuit.

Rami, Rami, Rami. I couldn't believe how the juges were drooling over this collection. I'm willing to concede the construction and technique ware amazing, but I felt like I was watching an old episode of Dynasty! Especially the blue dress with the saddlebags. I did like the cream/beige dress, but in general, I was underwhelmed.

Now, in the text of reality TV, this show has a very low financial return. $100,000.00 and a Saturn Astra. (BTW...Christian was the only contestant who could comfortably fit into an Astra. Believe me, I know of that which I speak). We must, then, assume that it is the exposure that is the final reward and even those who do not win are rewarded for their efforts.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

The Chicken Gown was fierce!

Click here for DavidDust's Project Runway Recap.

Bye...love you...love your hair!