Thursday, June 28, 2007

Live Free or Die Hard

So I'm a sucker for Bruce Willis. This is one sexy man. And even dirty and covered in blood he makes my heart race. Add to hot, middle-aged sexiness of Mr. Willis the teddy bear cuteness of Kevin Smith and I was in heaven.

For the record, I was one of only three XXs in a theater full of XYs.

Of course this movie is over the top, and one sequence of stunts seemed excessive and a bit ridiculous, but what is a Die Hard movie if not excessive and a bit ridiculous. And there was a very bad cut-in of a mismatched stunt double. The double had long salt and pepper hair and a dark complexion. The actor he was doubling for was fair and blond.

Oh! and the Vulcan from Voyager was in it and I was constantly distracted looking for pointed ears.

All and all I enjoyed this one as much as the previous three. I really liked the relationship between John McClane and his daughter. And I found the premise quite frightening.

No comments: