Friday, January 7, 2011

Surprising Use of a Hostess Gift

I woke up this morning with a huge eruption on my forehead...big, red, and sore. And I remembered hearing that you can make a paste of ground nutmeg and milk and it will reduce the swelling and pain.

My problem? I have whole nutmeg in my spice cabinet and the thought of grating enough to create a paste was daunting. Then I remembered that my friend Ginny had given me a box of spices from Penzey's as a hostess gift on New Year's Eve. Viola! I now have a crusty brown poltice covering the massive zit on my forehead.

Which is better? Well, the pain is gone. I'll have to let you know about the rest. But if it works, this little trick will join the olive oil and brown sugar body scrub, and the orange juice and salt exfoliant and the oatmeal mask in kitchen skin care.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am dying to know if it worked! lol Have never heard of this before.