Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Thirty years ago today, the movie Airplane! opened in theaters. Bravo TV named it as #6 in their list of funiest movies of all time. Quite frankly, I can't think of a single more quotable movie.

Photobucket

I love Lloyd Bridges addictions...

"Guess I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue."

Peter Graves

"Do you like Gladiator movies?"

Barbara Billingsley

"I speak jive."

Possibly the most famous two lines in movie history...

"Surely you can't be serious!"
"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley!".

And my personal favorite...

"What do you make of this?"
"I can make a hat. I can make a brooch. I can make a pterydactyl!"

So, if you're reading this, take a moment to contemplate selling Tupperware in third world countries, drinking problems, and slapping someone hysterical. And then remember how bad your sides hurt from laughing the first time you saw it.

No comments: