Monday, May 3, 2010

Safe and Dry

My little corner of the world is dry today, and though we had some very heavy rains, there was no flooding in my area. A co-worker had to walk through waist deep water while out yesterday, but she lives farther west.

My friend Elaine had to evacuate her home and I've not heard if she has returned and the extent of the damage.

They are currently evacuating parts of downtown Nashville as the Cumberland River continues to rise.

On the news this morning, they spoke of vehicles that had been on I-40 for 20 hours with no place to go.

I must break my channel 2 addiction. Seems it was the only channel I watched over the week-end. I will never get the image of the building from Lighthouse Christian School floating down I-24 and breaking apart out of my head.


So, how is your day going?

2 comments:

PhantomMinuet said...

Julie's house turned out to be okay, so that was a relief, but Jeanette's husband lost his studio.

MileHighBaker said...

Glad to read you're OK. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

MHB