Wednesday, January 6, 2010

French Toast Weather

My friend Susan coined my new favorite phrase for describing our current weather conditions. Depending on which station you turn in to, we will either have 1-3", 2-4", or 4-6" of snow tomorrow. This had created the mad dash to the supermarket where, as Susan put it, "everyone scrambles for milk, bread, and eggs". Thus, French Toast Weather. I love it!

I assessed my situation last night to see if I needed anything, should I be unable to leave my home. I've got the ingredients for Black-eyed Pea Cornbread, I've got a pork roast and chicken breasts, bacon and eggs, canned tuna and crackers. No milk, but really, I don't drink the stuff. No bread, because I never buy it.

I've got fruit--strawberries and cherries that Kim brought to my NYE party left, grapes, and tangerines.

I've got toilet paper and cat litter and dry cat food. I only have one can, but she can live off dry food if needed. Or I could share my tuna. All in all, I'm in good shape.

Although, all this talk about french toast has made me want some. Do I dare try to find a loaf of bread?

No comments: