Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What a Crazy Day!

Our phones are all hinkie at work today. All calls are coming to me. No one else gets a call unless I'm on the phone. So I have take more than three times the regular number of calls while my co-workers are finding homes for stray dogs, listening to the state legislature, shopping online, and wasting time.

And, on top of that, I went in search of a Diet Coke. I walked up to the vending machine and inserted my dollar before realizing I was at the snack machine, not the soda machine. I couldn't get my dollar back. I tried. So instead I decided to get sugar-free cookies. I selected E5. Unfortunately, the sugar free cookies were E6. I had selected Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. Damn! I love those things, but I don't need to eat them. Then the package hung up. I'm too cheap to leave them hanging, so I thumped the machine until they fell down.

I've been staring at the thing all day. I did get a Diet Coke, though.

I'm currently sitting in time out. Not for mis-behaving, to give myself a minute to catch my breath.

No comments: