Friday, February 5, 2010

New Year's Resolution

Yes, we are already into the second month of the year, but I hate to announce that I'm going to do something and then fail the first week. The year 2010 is, for me, the year I accessorize.

This may seem small, but for someone who barely uses make-up, it's huge. I've pulled out my old jewelry and been through it, pulling out pieces I should be wearing. I've pulled out scarves, but put them back...my neck is too short and fat.

I bought a watch. I'm wearing it today. I haven't looked at it, but I'm wearing it. I'm also wearing a bracelet on my right wrist.

How and why did I decide to post this now? Well, let me explain the process. I was reading something on http://www.emailsfromcrazypeople.com by a graduate of the University of Alabama. This made me think of my brother-in-law's sister, Sonja (she's not crazy, but she is a UofA grad).

Sonja is one of those women that I think of when I think of "women in sales". Perfectly coiffed hair, perfect make-up, deep tan, fabulous wardrobe. And always great accessories.

I'd like to be more like her, but concealer, base, and powder is about as far as I go these days unless for make-up. I haven't had a tan in 30 years. My hair doesn't muss, I have that going for me. But I always look like a slept in my clothes. I iron them, steam them, whatever, then put them on...and they rumple. It's a family trait, my sister has the same problem.

But I decided that I could look more put together. I'm working on it. I'm trying. Ask me in a few months how it's going.

1 comment:

MileHighBaker said...

I have that slightly rumpled gene, too. I once asked one of those perfectly neat people about it. She said when she was young she wasn't allowed to run around and get messy, she was always to look nice. She said that while it's second nature now, it didn't make for much fun as a kid.