Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back In the Saddle (for now)

I really haven't felt good in a long while. Nothing drastic, just an overall malaise. But yesterday, I felt good. Not just good, I felt great! Work was good. I came home to a clean house. I got a little kitty lovin' and read for a while before I decided to cook. It seems like soooo long since I last cooked myself dinner.

Unfortunately, I had to scrounge around for something good to eat. I found a can of salmon so I decided to make salmon patties. I made some bread crumbs and mixed those in with the salmon, chopped a shallot and tossed it in with some fresh dill and an egg.

While the oil was heating in my iron skillet, I tossed some asparagus in EVOO and spread it on a baking dish before sprinkling it with coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper. I placed it in a 425* oven while I fried my salmon. I drizzled it with balsamic vinegar before serving.

Now my house smells of salmon, but that's okay. Imagine how popular I will be when I go to warm up left-overs in the break room for lunch!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love salmon patties and haven't made them in a long time. Maybe thi week.