Wednesday, October 10, 2007

An Elegant Dinner

I love trying new recipes. Last night I made chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese and herbs that I served with a grilled peach half and sesame cucumbers. I made a lovely presentation on one of my girlier glass plates and sat at the table with a linen napkin an a glass of iced tea.

The food was amazing!

I mashed the room temperature goat cheese and added chopped chives, tarragon, and oregano. Then I cut holes thru the side of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and stuffed the holes with the cheese mixture. Then I refrigerated the breasts for about 2 hours before coating in flour, egg, and bread crumbs and baking. I cooked the peach halves on my trusty George Foreman.

I tried duplicating a cucumber dish I had had at PF Changs, and I think I succeeded. I sliced English cucumber and marinated it in a dressing made of soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and toasted sesame seeds.

So excuse me for patting myself on the back...I just can't help myself. And I have left-overs for lunch!

No comments: