Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthday Blues

For years now, I've experienced an overwhelming sense of depression in the two weeks leading up to my birthday. It fizzles out sometime after, I've never clocked it.

I don't know if it's brought on by the fact that I am getting older and am no longer the young chick my psyche says that I am or perhaps related to the end of summer seasonal changes. Whatever the cause, it started early this year, precipitated by the death of my beloved Prissy. (I am at this very moment trying to not cry.)

Whatever the cause, I soldier on, man up, walk it off! I get by. I cry, I wallow in self-pity, I eat bad foods, and then I'm over it.

So if I seem moody, irritable, and a little sad, don't worry. I'll be back to normal soon enough. Unless this year it is all a cruel joke of menopause; if so, turn up the A/C and get used to it...GROWL!

1 comment:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Aw, I'm sorry you're feeling down...I'm sure the loss of your sweet Prissy is compounding your usual doldrums this time of year. Just know you have virtual friends that are here for you...sending a big hug!