Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Needed A Laugh

I went to visit the folks last week-end, where I spent the week-end cooking and doing laundry. My dad says he feels guilty because I walk in the door working and never stop. I quietly remind him that if I stop, I fall asleep. Better to keep moving.

I cooked a family favorite...Chicken Pot Pie. I baked it in three separate dishes so we could eat some Saturday and then froze two for later consumption. I also made Paula Deen's Symphony Brownies which are hugely popular with my family. Hmmm...gooey brownies with candy in the middle...imagine that! Mom kept asking me how to make them. I kept telling her. Strokes and short-term memory, what a combo!

Sunday I made Chicken Spaghetti--a very mild, wimpy version.

It's been a tough week at work...I come home exhausted every day. My 30 year old clock radio died and I had to get a new one. The new one sucks! I can only get the oldies station and two religious stations.

My car died. Literally. I don't think she can be resuscitated.

I'll be busy cooking tonight. It's my turn for Fat Friday snacks, so I'm making chicken salad and Rice Krispie Treats. And for myself, I'm making Ina's White Bean and Rosemary soup. I can hardly wait!

Anyway, desperately in need of a laugh, I hit Cake Wrecks and I found myself doubled over. Check out the graduation cake. Tell me it didn't make you laugh. I dare ya!

4 comments:

PhantomMinuet said...

Bless your heart. What are you doing about a car to get to work?

Suzie said...

Hope the year improves for you! Good luck with the car and the radio!

Anonymous said...

Sorry your possessions are ganging up on you. You're such a treasure to do those things for you folks. Do a nice thing or two for yourself this weekend. As for the laugh, I saw an art quilt yesterday labeled "Why the chicken didn't cross the road." It had a colorful rooster laying on it with a big ol' tire track over him. I can't imagine what caused someone to want to make a quilt of that, but I cracked up at the first glimpse.

Caribbean Dreamer said...

I love the Cakewrecks site! I usually go there myself when I need a pick-me-up!